Marco Polo Guides edition 2019
Explore Bulgaria with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the country's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all that Bulgaria has to offer...
Bulgaria is the beautiful stranger at the south-eastern tip of South East Europe. The beach, sea and party atmosphere still feature strongly in the travel brochures, but there is more than that to see and do and plenty of surprises in store: culture and nightlife in the nation's capital, Sofia; dreamy mountain villages in the Rhodopes; magnificent mountain scenery in the Rila and Pirin ranges; and much else besides... This is Bulgaria!
Your Marco Polo Bulgaria Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into this wonderful country. Discover where you can follow in the footsteps of Orpheus and Eurydice, where you can see the famous fire dancers and experience a wonderful sunset over the Black Sea.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best only in Bulgaria experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all the top sights are organised by area so you can easily plan your trip.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours will get you to the heart of Bulgaria. From remote mountain villages to bustling cities, from fine beaches to barren mountains, you can experience all of Bulgaria s unique character with these personal tours.
- Bulgaria in full-colour- Marco Polo Pocket Guide Bulgaria includes full-colour photos throughout the guide bringing the country to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App- you can download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again!
- Road Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed road atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour. A small street map of Sofia is also included.
- Useful Bulgarian phrases - the essential words and phrases are included to help you get by.
Trust Marco Polo Pocket Guide Bulgaria to show you around this wonderful country. The comprehensive coverage and unique insights will ensure you experience everything Bulgaria has to offer and more. The special tips, personal insights and unusual experiences will help you make the most of your trip - just arrive and enjoy.