Lonely Planet. 1st edition 2021.
Lonely Planet's Pocket Auckland & the Bay of Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Learn about Maori culture, surf or climb a volcanic cone; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Auckland & the Bay of Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Auckland & the Bay of Islands:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Auckland map (included in print version), plus over 17 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
Covers City Centre & Britomart, Viaduct Harbour & Wynyard Quarter, Kingsland & Mt Eden, Parnell & Newmarket, Ponsonby & Karangahape Rd, Paihia, Russell, Kerikeri, Waiheke Island and more
Writers: Brett Atkinson, Tasmin Waby
160 pages, 160pp color, 16 maps | Dimensions: 106mm × 153mm