Lonely Planet. 9th edition 2018.
Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Soak in the view from the summit of Table Mountain, take a boat to Robben Island for an insight into the country’s history, and explore the beaches, forests and verdant mountains along the majestic Garden Route – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Cape Town and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
Coverage Includes: City Bowl, Foreshore, Bo-Kaap & De Waterkant, East City, District Six, Woodstock & Observatory Gardens & Surrounds, Green Point & Waterfront, Sea Point to Hout Bay, Southern Suburbs, Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula, Cape Flats & Northern Suburbs, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Robertson, Hermanus, Stanford, Darling, Langebaan, The Garden Route
Curator: Simon Richmond Writers: James Bainbridge, Jean-Bernard Carillet, Lucy Corne
304 pages, 304pp color, 49 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm