Whether you want to dance the tango in Buenos Aires, sip wine in Mendoza, or explore the glacial terrain of Patagonia, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Argentina are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Argentina With the Wine Country, Uruguay & Chilean Patagonia guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos. Fodor’s “Essential” guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020!
Fodor’s Essential Argentina travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 35 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Argentina’s Natural Wonders” “Argentina’s Best Outdoor Activities,” “What to Eat and Drink in Argentina,” and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, dance, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Igazú Falls,” “Touring the Quebrada de Humahuaca,” “Wines of Chile and Argentina,” “Argentina’s History,” “Dance of Buenos Aires” “Cowboy’s At World’s End,” “Fly Fishing,” “What to Watch, Read, and Listen to,” and “Into the Patagonian Wild.”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- Spanish LANGUAGE PRIMER with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Buenos Aires, Igazú Falls, Mendoza wine country, Quebrada de Humahuaca, gaucho country, tango dancing, Patagonia, Perito Moreno Glacier, El Calafate, the Lake District, Bariloche, Aconcagua, Salta, Ushuaia, Uruguay, Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Tierra del Fuego, and more.