Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Travel Guide 2018.
DK Eyewitness: Award winning travel guidebooks.
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these cultured and ancient nations. Admire Siem Reap's awe-inspiring Angkor Wat, sample French-Lao cuisine at Luang Prabang's waterfront restaurants or take a boat ride down the Mekong and stop off at the magical islands of Si Phan Don: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Cambodia and Laos with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cambodia and Laos:
- Over 20 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Cambodia and Laos, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the magnificent Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh's elaborately decorated Silver Pagoda, Luang Prabang's Wat Xieng Thong monastery and more
- Colour photographs of Cambodia and Laos' stunning landscapes, beautiful islands, ancient wats and pagodas, Mekong Delta, bustling capital cities of Phnom Penh and Vientiane, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Phnom Penh, Angkor, Northern Cambodia and Southern Cambodia, and Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Northern Laos, Central and Southern Laos
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each country's complex history, landscapes and wildlife, religions, delicious cuisines, festivals, and more
- Essential travel tips - our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, visa and health information