Lonely Planet. 6th edition 2020.
Lonely Planet Filipino (Tagalog) Phrasebook & Dictionary, a pocket-sized comprehensive language guide, provides on-the-go language assistance. Great for language students and travellers looking to interact with locals and immerse themselves in local culture.
It's your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Filipino (Tagalog) phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Chat with locals and navigate menus - all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
· Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
· Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
· Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
· Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
· Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
· Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Filipino (Tagalog) Phrasebook & Dictionary:
· Full-colour throughout
· User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
· Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
· Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules
· Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, senior travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, shopping, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport
· Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather
· Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions
· Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients
Writers: Aurora Quinn
260 pages, 260pp color, 0 maps | Dimensions: 93mm × 140mm