Whether you want to hike a volcano in Maui, relax on Waikiki Beach, or attend a luau, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Hawaii are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Hawaii guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor’s “Essential” guides were named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020!
Fodor’s Essential Hawaii travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Maui’s Best Beaches,” “Oahu’s Natural Wonders,” “What to Eat and Drink in Hawaii”, and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Hawaiian Cultural Traditions”, “Snorkeling in Hawaii”, “Pearl Harbor”, “Hawaii Volcanoes National Park”, and more
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- HAWAIIAN LANGUAGE PRIMERS with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Maui, Oahu, Kauai, the Big Island, Molokai, Lanai, Haleakala National Park, Waikiki, and more. Planning on visiting just an individual island? Check out Fodor’sMaui, Fodor's Oahu, Fodor's Kauai, and Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii.