Rough Guide 2019
Discover Morocco with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts’ honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to hike in the Atlas Mountains, surf on the Atlantic coast, shop in the souks or camp in the Sahara, The Rough Guide to Morocco will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Morocco:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Tangier and the northwest, the Mediterranean coast, Fez, the Atlantic coast, Marrakesh, the High Atlas, the southern oases routes, Agadir and Western Sahara.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Morocco.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Marrakesh, Fez and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including vibrant images of the extraordinary blue town of Chefchaouen and awe-inspiring views of the rolling dunes of the Sahara.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of the High Atlas passes, Fez, Volubilis and Meknes, Telouet and Essaouira’s best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Morocco, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Covers: Tangier, Tetouan and the northwest, the Mediterranean coast and the Rif, Fez, Meknes and the Middle Atlas, the Atlantic coast: Rabat to Essaouira, Marrakesh, the High Atlas, the southern oases routes, Agadir, the Souss and Anti-Atlas, the Tarfaya Strip and Western Sahara.