Insight Guides 2022
Travel made easy. Ask local experts. Comprehensive travel guide packed with inspirational photography and fascinating cultural insights, now with free eBook.
From deciding when to go, to choosing what to see when you arrive, this guide to Portugal is all you need to plan your perfect trip, with insider information on must-see, top attractions like the magical town of Sintra, the Unesco World Heritage Site of Convento in Tomar and the stunning Jerónimos monastery in Lisbon, and cultural gems like cruising the Douro valley, embracing the lively Carnival festival and taking in the white-sanded beaches in Cascais.
Features of this travel guide to Portugal:
- Inspirational colour photography: discover the best destinations, sights and excursions, and be inspired by stunning imagery
- Historical and cultural insights: immerse yourself in Portugal's rich history and culture, and learn all about its people, art and traditions
- Practical full-colour maps: with every major sight and listing highlighted, the full-colour maps make on-the-ground navigation easy
- Editor's Choice: uncover the best of Portugal with our pick of the region's top destinations
- Key tips and essential information: packed full of important travel information, from transport and tipping to etiquette and hours of operation
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free app and eBook to access this and bonus content from your phone or tablet
- Covers: Lisbon, Estorial and Cascais, Sintra, Setúbal and the Arrábida Peninsula, Algarve, Évora and Alentejo, Estremadura and Ribatejo, Coimbra, Beira Alta and Beira Baixa, Porto, the Douro Valley, Costa Verde and the Minho, Trás-os-Montes, Madeira, the Azores.