Lonely Planet. 10th edition 2022.
Lonely Planet’s Austria is our most comprehensive guide that extensively covers all the country has to offer, with recommendations for both popular and lesser-known experiences. Ski in the Alps, explore Vienna’s imperial palaces, and drive the Grossglockner Road; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Austria Travel Guide:
- What’s NEW in this edition?
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- NEW top experiences feature - a visually inspiring collection of Austria’s best experiences and where to have them
- What's NEW feature taps into cultural trends and helps you find fresh ideas and cool new areas
- Planning tools for family travellers - where to go, how to save money, plus fun stuff just for kids
- Pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card* with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Eating & drinking in Austria - we reveal the dishes and drinks you have to try
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, politics
- Over 64 maps
Covers Vienna, Lower Austria & Burgenland, Upper Austria, Styria, The Salzkammergut, Salzburg & Salzburgerland, Carinthia, Tyrol & Vorarlberg
Writers: Catherine Le Nevez, Marc Di Duca, Anthony Haywood, Kerry Walker
416 pages, 416pp color, 63 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm