Lonely Planet. 13th edition 2018.
Egypt welcomes you with its mighty Nile and magnificent monuments, the beguiling desert and lush delta, and with its long past and welcoming, story-loving people. Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Egypt, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Lonely Planet’s Egypt is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wonder at the construction of the Pyramids of Giza; wander through the columned halls of the great temple complexes of Luxor; dive through an underwater world of coral cliffs and colourful fish in the Red Sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Egypt and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Egypt:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Over 128 maps
Coverage Includes: Cairo & Around, the Nile Delta, Suez Canal, Sinai, Alexandria & the Mediterranean Coast, Siwa Oasis & the Western Desert, Northern Nile Valley, Luxor, Southern Nile Valley, Red Sea Coast
Curator: Jessica Lee Writers: Anthony Sattin
512 pages, 192pp color, 102 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm