Utgiven 2020 - Engelsk Text
Sarek National Park is the largest high alpine area in Sweden. There are generally no marked trails and almost no facilities like bridges and there is no cell phone coverage. It is unique, spectacular and easy to fall in love with at first sight. Sarek National Park is part of Laponia which is a World Heritage Area. This guide book is a complete planning tool for your Sarek trip, no matter if you are a hiker, a runner or an alpinist.
- Descriptions of more than 400 km of terrain in valleys, broken down into 16 segments that can be put together in various complete routes.
- Suggestions for three complete routes through Sarek with varying difficulty.
- Detailed information for about 20 summit trips, including six summit traverses. The difficulty ranges from hiking to easy climbing. Traverses with a length of one to six linked summits.
- All the details you need to know when traversing the four highest peaks in the Sarektjåhkkå Massif: the Sarek traverse (Sarektraversen).
- Suggestions for stream crossing points and other info that may facilitate a hike.
- Photos and maps that illustrate the terrain.
- A modern list of the gear you need to explore Sarek without having to carry a heavy backpack. Learn about lightweight backpacking in Sarek.
- Details about getting there, access and info about buses etc.
- Advice about safety in the mountains, training, nutrition and much more.
This book is written for you who want to experience Sarek in a fast and easy way, from June to September. I wish to inspire both the seasoned hiker and the not so seasoned hiker to try new ways of hiking and enjoying the mountains with a lightweight backpack and flexible plans.