Rough Guide 2020
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides. World-renowned ‘tell it like it is’ travel guide.
Discover Sweden with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to swim in one of Sweden’s 100,000 lakes, explore the cobbled lanes and medieval church ruins of Visby or relax in a traditional Swedish sauna, the Rough Guide to Sweden will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to Sweden:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Sweden
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Uppsala, Karlstad and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the enchanting Bohuslän coast with smooth rocky outcrops perfect for sunbathing and the medieval magnificence of Kalmar Slott
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Lund Domkyrkan, Birka, Gotland beaches and Inlandsbanan’s best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive ‘Contexts’ chapter provides fascinating insights into Sweden, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
Covers: Stockholm; day-trips from Stockholm; Gothenburg; the southwest; the southeast; the Bothnian coast; central Sweden; Swedish Lapland