Lonely Planet. 13th edition 2022.
Lonely Planet’s Alaska is our most comprehensive guide that extensively covers all that Alaska has to offer, with recommendations for both popular and lesser-known experiences. Hike the history-laden Chilkoot Trail, spot icebergs and wildlife in Glacier Bay and marvel at the majesty of the Northern Lights; all with your trusted travel companion.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Alaska Travel Guide: What’s NEW in this edition?
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- NEW top experiences feature - a visually inspiring collection of Alaska’s best experiences and where to have them
- What's NEW feature taps into cultural trends and helps you find fresh ideas and cool new areas
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card* with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Planning tools for family travellers
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Eating & drinking in Alaska - we reveal the dishes and drinks you have to try
- Color maps and images throughout
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, politics
- Over 63 maps
Covers The Bush, Kodiak, Katmai & Southwest Alaska, Denali & the Interior, Anchorage & Around, Kenai Peninsula, Prince William Sound and Juneau & the Southeast and more
Writers: Brendan Sainsbury, Catherine Bodry, Adam Karlin
448 pages, 448pp color, 63 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm