Lonely Planet 1st edition 2021
Lonely Planet's Best Day Walks New Zealand is your passport to 60 easy escapes into nature. Stretch your legs outside the city by picking a hike that works for you, from a few hours to a full day, from easy to hard. Climb ancient volcanoes, view amazing vistas, and scale tall mountains. Get to the heart of New Zealand and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Best Day Walks New Zealand Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Special features - on New Zealand's highlights for walkers, kid-friendly walks, accessible trails and what to take
- Best for… section helps you plan your trip and select walks that appeal to your interests Region profiles cover when to go, where to stay, what's on, cultural insights, and local food and drink recommendations to refuel and refresh. Featured regions include: The North, Central North Island, Southern North Island, Top of the South, Canterbury, West Coast, Otago, The South
- Essential info at your fingertips - walk itineraries accompanied by illustrative maps are combined with details about walk duration, distance, terrain, start/end locations and difficulty (classified as easy, easy-moderate, moderate, moderate-hard, or hard)
- Over 65 maps
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Best Day Walks New Zealand, our most comprehensive guide to walking in New Zealand, is perfect for those planning to explore New Zealand on foot.
Writers: Craig McLachlan, Andrew Bain, Peter Dragicevich
224 pages, 224pp color, 69 maps | Dimensions: 165mm × 210mm