Rough Guide 2017
Discover Fiji with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to trek through the forests and highlands of Viti Levu, kick-back on the idyllic Mamanucas and Yasawa Islands or snorkel and dive some of the world’s best reefs, The Rough Guide to Fiji will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Inside The Rough Guide to Fiji
- Independent, trusted reviews written in Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout – navigate the backstreets of Fiji’s lively capital, Suva or the popular tourist hangout of Nadi without needing to get online.
- Stunning, inspirational images
- Itineraries – carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage – whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way. Areas covered: Nadi; Suva; Labasa; Vita Levu; the Mamanucas and Yasawa islands; Kaduva; Vanua Levu; Taveuni; Lomaiviti and the Lau islands. Attractions include: the colonial town of Levuka; snorkelling and diving on the Astrolabe Reef; bird-watching in Bouma National Heritage Park; whitewater rafting in the Namosi Highlands; tribal artefacts at the the Fiji Museum; village homestays in the Yasawas islands; small-ship cruising round the remote Southern Lau islands; shark diving off Beqa island.
- Basics – essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information – a Contexts chapter devoted to history, religion, peoples, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
Make the Most of Your Time on Earth with the Rough Guide to Fiji.