Lonely Planet. 7th edition 2019.
Lonely Planet Greek Phrasebook & Dictionary is your handy passport to culturally enriching travels with the most relevant and useful Greek phrases and vocabulary for all your travel needs. Ask for in-the-know recommendations of the best beaches, directions to the most historic sites, and order local specialties like a local; all with your trusted travel companion. With language tools in your back pocket, you can truly get to the heart of wherever you go, so begin your journey now!
Get More From Your Trip with Easy-to-Find Phrases for Every Travel Situation!
• Order with confidence, explain food allergies, and try new foods with the menu decoder
• Save time and hassles with vital phrases at your fingertips
• Never get stuck for words with the 3500-word two-way, quick-reference dictionary
• Be prepared for both common and emergency travel situations with practical phrases and terminology
• Meet friends with conversation starter phrases
• Get your message across with easy-to-use pronunciation guides
Inside Lonely Planet Greek Phrasebook & Dictionary:
• Full-colour throughout
• User-friendly layout organised by travel scenario categories
• Survival phrases inside front cover for at-a-glance on-the-fly cues
• Convenient features o Phrases to Learn Before You Go o Ways to Start a Sentence o Phrases to Sound like a Local o Listen For - phrases you may hear o Look For - phrases you may see on signs o Shortcuts - easy-to-remember alternatives to the full phrases o Q&A - suggested answers to questions asked
• Covers o Basics - time, dates, numbers, amounts, pronunciation, reading tips, grammar rules o Practical - travel with kids, disabled travellers, senior travellers, sightseeing, business, banking, post office, internet, phones, repairs, shopping, bargaining, accommodations, directions, border crossing, transport o Social - meeting people, interests, feelings, opinions, going out, romance, culture, activities, weather o Safe Travel - emergencies, police, doctor, chemist, dentist, symptoms, conditions o Food - ordering, at the market, at the bar, dishes, ingredients.
Curator: Thanasis Spilias 256 pages, 256pp color, 0 maps
Dimensions: 93mm × 140mm