Whether you want to soak in the Blue Lagoon, party in Reykjavik, or hike a glacier, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Iceland are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Iceland guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. Fodor’s “Essential” guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020!
Fodor’s Essential Iceland travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 30 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “Iceland’s Best Waterfalls”, “Iceland's Best Museums”, “Icelandic Wildlife” and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography, and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “Icelandic Mythology and Folklore,” “What to Watch and Read Before You Visit,” and “What to Eat and Drink”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- ICELANDIC LANGUAGE PRIMERS with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Reykjavik, the Highlands, the Blue Lagoon, the East and West Fjords, the Golden Circle, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Snæfellsjökull National Park, Akureyri, and more