Rough guide 2019.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR TIME ON EARTH
Discover Iceland with this comprehensive, entertaining, ‘tell it like it is’ Rough Guide, packed with exhaustive practical information and our experts’ honest independent recommendations. Whether you plan to party in Reykjavik, bathe in the Blue Lagoon or hike the Laugavegur trail, The Rough Guide to Iceland will show you the perfect places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Iceland:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for every step of every kind of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Reykjavik, southwestern Iceland, the west coast, the West Fjords, northwest Iceland, Mývatn and the northeast, eastern and southeast Iceland, and the Interior.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides’ trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Iceland.
- Meticulous mapping: always full colour, with clear numbered, colour-coded keys. Navigate Reykajavik, the west coast and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including Iceland’s stunning national parks and the awe-inspiring Northern Lights.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides’ rundown of Reykjavik, Akureyri, and rural Iceland’s best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Iceland, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.