Iceland offers a world of hiking opportunities like no other place on earth.
The famous 55km Laugavegur Trek takes you past glaciers, volcanoes, steaming fumaroles and hot springs all set in a landscape of yellow rhyolite and black ash. This new guide gives you plenty of other options from hiking in the shadow of the largest ice-cap in Europe at Skaftafell to easier day hikes around the vibrant capital city of Reykjavik.
- 41 detailed walking maps in the classic Trailblazer style – showing route times, gradients, where to stay
- Detailed Reykjavik city guide – and maps
- Itineraries for all walkers on 11 specially selected hikes – from day hikes around Reykjavik to more challenging 6-day treks including the 55km Laugavegur Trek
- Practical information for all budgets – where to stay (campsites, hostels and huts, B&Bs, lodges and hotels), where to eat, what to see
- Comprehensive background information – geology and vulcanology, flora and fauna, history, people
- Full public transport information – for all access points