Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Travel Guide 2017. Engelsk text.
Explore the spectacular Duomo in Milan, island-hop around Lake Maggiore or laze on the lakeside promenade of Como: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Milan and the Lakes with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Milan and the Lakes:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Milan and the Lakes, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail Milan's impressive Duomo, the Teatro alla Scala, the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana, Castello Sforzesco, San Lorenzo alle Colonne, Sant'Ambrogio and more
- Colour photographs of Milan's historic centre, mix of classic and modern architecture, parks and gardens, plus the beautiful towns and stunning scenery of the lakes
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Milan, Lake Maggiore, Lake Como, Lake Garda and a collection of smaller lakes
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Milan's fascinating history, famous residents and visitors, churches and basilicas, museums and galleries, and festivals and events that take place throughout the year
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, transport, visa and health information