Rough Guides 2021. Engelsk Text
Discover the North Coast 500 with this compact, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with invaluable practical guidance and honest expert recommendations across 86 information-packed pages. Whether you plan to take a photo with the John O' Groats sign or visit the fishing town of Ullapool, The Rough Guide to the North coast 500 will show you the top places to explore, sleep, eat and drink along the way.
- Regional route coverage: provides practical information for every step of this 500-mile loop around Scotland’s stunning north Highlands. Routes/regions covered include: Inverness to Black Isle, the road to John O’Groats, Thurso and Lochinver.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and independent recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip along the North Coast 500.
- Meticulous mapping: Navigate the North Coast 500 without needing to get online – features easy-to-follow colour maps covering the loop.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: includes a richness of inspirational colour photography. Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the Castle of Mey, Dunrobin Castle, Inchnadamph Bone Caves and Fortrose Cathedral.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: includes essential pre-trip information, from when to go, getting there and getting around, to where to stay, eat and drink.
- Background information: fascinating ‘Moments in History’ section provides a pithy overview of prehistory, the Celts and the Picts, Bonnie Prince Charlie’s rebellion, the Highland Clearances, and the Highlands today.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and atrustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides' list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.