Lonely Planet. 12th edition 2023.
Lonely Planet's Scotland is our most comprehensive guide that extensively covers all the country has to offer, with recommendations for both popular and lesser-known experiences. Get your culture fix in Edinburgh, take in astounding views from the top of Ben Nevis and sample mouth-watering whisky on Islay; all with your trusted travel companion.
- Lonely Planet's Top Picks - a visually inspiring collection of the destination's best experiences and where to have them
- Itineraries - help you build the ultimate trip based on your personal needs and interests
- Local insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - whether it's history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, politics
- Eating and drinking - get the most out of your gastronomic experience as we reveal the regional dishes and drinks you have to try
- Toolkit- all of the planning tools for solo travellers, LGBTQIA+ travellers, family travellers and accessible travel
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Language - essential phrases and language tips
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
Cover: Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, Angus, Aberdeen, Moray, Loch Lomond, the Hebrides, Inverness, Orkney, Shetland and more!
Publication Date: May 2023
408 pages,56 maps | Dimensions: 128mm width × 197mm height