Lonely Planet 1st edition 2022.
Lonely Planet’s Best Day Walks California is your passport to 60 easy escapes into nature. Stretch your legs away from the city by picking a walk that works for you, from just a couple of hours to a full day, from easy to hard. Explore Yosemite National Park, marvel at redwoods, and hike through Gold Country.
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best Day Walks California Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Special features - on California’s highlights for walkers, kid-friendly walks, accessible trails and what to take
- Best for… section helps you plan your trip and select walks that appeal to your interests
- Region profiles cover when to go, where to stay, what’s on, cultural insights, and local food and drink recommendations to refuel and refresh. Featured regions include:
- Northern Coast & Redwoods, Marin County & the Bay Area, California’s Central Coast, SoCal Coast, Southern Deserts, Kings Canyon, Sequoia & the Southern Sierras, Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe & Gold Country, Northern Mountains
- Essential info at your fingertips - walk itineraries accompanied by illustrative maps are combined with details about walk duration, distance, terrain, start/end locations and difficulty (classified as easy, easy-moderate, moderate, moderate-hard, or hard)
- Over 60 maps
Writers: Amy C Balfour, Ray Bartlett, Gregor Clark, Ashley Harrell
224 pages, 224pp color, 70 maps | Dimensions: 165mm × 210mm