Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Travel Guide 2016. Engelsk text.
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this wild and fascinating island.
Amire the clifftop setting of Bonifacio's Old Town, drive the corniche road around Cap Corse or enjoy the pure white sands of Plage de Loto: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Corsica with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Corsica:
- Over 10 colour maps, plus a road map of the island, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Corsica, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations show in detail the impressive citadels of Bastia, Calvi and Corte, Ajaccio's Musée des Beaux-Arts in the Palais Fesch, the wildlife-filled Réserve Naturelle de Scandola and more
- Colour photographs of Corsica's spectacular citadels, clifftop towns, beautiful landscape - including its beach-strewn coast, mountainous interior and dense forests - plus its pretty villages, historic sights and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Bastia and the North; Ajaccio and the West Coast; Bonifacio and the South; Corte and the Interior
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the island's tumultuous history, diverse landscape and wildlife, varied architecture, as well as its language, literature, music, traditions, festivals and events, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information