This is Costa Rica advice the way a friend would give it to you: fiercely opinionated, funny, and brimming not only with advice about what to see and do, but also what’s not worth your time. Fully updated post-lockdown.
Whether you plan to hike through rainforests (and cloud forests), windsurf on Lake Arenal, bathe in geothermal pools or head to sun-soaked beaches where sea turtles nest, our expert has your back. A seasoned journalist, Nicholas Gill offers how to smartly explore this exhilarating country.
Frommer’s Costa Rica contains:
- Dozens of stunning, full-color photos throughout
- Helpful maps, including a fully-detachable fold-out map
- Strategic itineraries, including for families and short stays, so you can make the most of your time
- Authentic experiences to help you appreciate Costa Rican culture, food, nature sights and customs like a local
- Candid reviews of the best restaurants, attractions, tours, shops, and experiences—and advice on the ones not worth your time and money
- Accurate, up-to-date info on transportation, useful websites, costs, telephone numbers, and more
- Budget-planning help with the lowdown on prices and ways to save money, whether you’re traveling on a shoestring or in the lap of luxury