Go beyond the big screen and explore the real places that inspired some of the greatest films of all time – brought to life through comprehensively researched text and stunning hand-drawn artwork.
Travel journalist Sarah Baxter reveals 25 essential cinematic destinations around the globe, spanning different decades, directors and movie genres. Full-page colour illustrations instantly transport you to each location. You’ll find that these places are not just backdrops to the tales told, but characters in their own right.
Travel to the sweeping deserts of Lawrence of Arabia in Jordan, escape to the tumbling hills of San Francisco as seen in Hitchcock’s Vertigo or lose yourself in the cobbled lanes of In Bruges.
- London, England, Paddington
- Wells, England, Hot Fuzz
- Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland, The Wicker Man
- Belchite & the Sierra de Guadarrama, Spain, Pan’s Labyrinth
- Montmartre, Paris, France, Amélie
- Bruges, Belgium, In Bruges
- Görlitz, Germany, The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Fårö, Sweden, Persona
- Salzburg, Austria, The Sound of Music
- Rome, Italy, La Dolce Vita
- Matmata & Tozeur, Tunisia, Star Wars: A New Hope
- p>Wadi Rum, Jordan, Lawrence of Arabia
- Mumbai, India, The Lunchbox
- Hong Kong, China, Enter the Dragon
- Seoul, South Korea, Parasite
- Tokyo, Japan, Lost in Translation
- Outback, Australia, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
- Karekare Beach, New Zealand, The Piano
- Alberta, Canada, The Revenant
- Philadelphia, USA, Rocky
- p>San Francisco, USA, Vertigo
- Brooklyn, New York, USA, Do the Right Thing
- Dead Horse Point State Park, Utah, USA, Thelma & Louise
- Jamaica, Dr No
- Cusco & Machu Picchu, Peru, The Motorcycle Diaries
Delve into this book to discover some of the world’s most fascinating cinematic places and the films that celebrate them.