Lonely PLanet. 2nd edition 2019.
Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the Grand Canyon, paddle the Everglades, and rock climb in Joshua Tree; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of USA’s National Parks and begin your journey now!
Inside the Lonely Planet’s USA’s National Parks Travel Guide:
- Up-to-date information - all businesses were rechecked before publication to ensure they are still open after 2020’s COVID-19 outbreak
- User-friendly highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices, emergency information, park seasonality, hiking trail junctions, viewpoints, landscapes, elevations, distances, difficulty levels, and durations
- Focused on the best – hikes, drives, and cycling tours
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, camping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, summer and winter activities, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Contextual insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, geology, wildlife, and conservation
- Over 52 full-color trail and park maps and full-color images throughout
- Useful features - Travel with Children, Clothing and Equipment, and Day and Overnight Hikes
Covers California, The Southwest, Alaska & the Pacific Northwest, Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes & Great Plains, New England & the Mid-Atlantic, The South, Florida, Hawaii
Writers: Anita Isalska, Amy C Balfour, Loren Bell, Greg Benchwick, Jade Bremner, Jennifer Rasin Denniston, Michael Grosberg, Bradley Mayhew, Carolyn McCarthy, Christopher Pitts, Brendan Sainsbury, Regis St Louis
514 pages, 514pp color, 114 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm